Tuesday, March 24, 2009

No Time Dinner-

There are days when I want a hot meal but I don't want to spend time in the kitchen to get it. Here are some options for these days-

Salad with things in it-

I love spring mix. I get a tin a week and have never had to throw any out. If there is any protein in refrig, I add some to a large bowl of salad greens. In the summer, A summer variation is tuna fish. Add two pieces of home made garlic bread and I am a happy puppy.


Risotto -

You can get risotto in that takes less than 20 minutes to fix. My favorite is the mushroom variety. While the risotto is thickening up, I heat up a can of vegetable soup and get some frsh fruit. Simple and filling.


Breakfast for dinner -

Frozen waffles and sausage take less than two minutes to prepare. I usually have three types of jelly and and two types of syrup on hand so I use one that I have not had lately. Ice Cream is a great accompaniment for waffles and you don't have to use chocolate syrup - a berry jelly is wonderful. I love to do this when I have a movie night.

No comments:

Post a Comment