Friday, March 6, 2009

Spring Cleaning-


As far as I'm concerned, "spring cleaning" is a misnomer. I start my spring cleaning every year on January 1st.

When I sit down and make up my yearly resolutuons, I decide how many boxes of stuff I want to shed this year. This year I want to get rid of 24 boxes of stuff. I went down to that basement I looked at the piles of boxes I have. I was able to go over and pick up two boxes I realized that I had unopened since I packed them over 10 years ago. I opened tham and saw I had replaced every item sitting in those boxes so I had my two boxes for the month. It only took my 15 minutes and I was on the road to an emptier basement floor.

Another thing I do in January is spend 15 minutes a day cleaning out the spare bedroom that serves as my office. It was a mess after the holday craft fest that I have during the month of December. In 10 days of working consistently for 15 minutes a day, I reclained the desk and half of the floor.

The next time you gave a large job, break it down into small sections, and you will be surprised to see that it will get done if you plug away at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment