Monday, April 6, 2009

Today is the day...

I decided I needed to eat my own cooking today. I decided I needed chicken with mushroom gravy, rice and galic scented peas.

For the chicken

1 package of chicken leg joints (4-5 pieces)
1 can of reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
1/3 cup of sour cream

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. If you don't have a fancy dancey stove that automaticlly preheats, it takes about 15 minutes for the stove to come up to temperature.

Clean the chicken under cold water and pull out extra fat pockets. Place in a shallow baking dish and lightly salt.

Mix sour cream and cream of mushroom soup and pour over chicken.

Cook for 1 hour. If the pieces are large, add 15 minutes. When done, poke with a fork and make sure juice runs clear.

For the rice


1 cup of uncooked rice

I use a rice cooker. I rinse the rice until the water runs clear. I then cover the rice with water until I have the first bend in my index finger is covered. I flip the rice cooker on and it clicks when it is done.

For the garlic scented peas

One bag of steamer peas and mushrooms. Five minutes in the microwave and it they are done. You will get a facial when you open the bag so be careful.


Dinner was delicious and my roomate asked for a plate. I spent just under $5 for the package of chicken legs. I jhad everything else in the house. I had to buy everything, it would have been $2.5 for the peas and 20 cents for the rice. For under $8, I had dinner for 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment