Saturday, March 9, 2013

BACH Adaggio - Day 3

I went to Philly today and spent the day with Flora, my best friend.  Since I did not see her for her birthday last year, I treated her for the day.

We went to a diner and had waffles and scrapple (a Philly thing). We went to the Flower Show and Reading Terminal.  I bought some beautiful asparagus for $2.  I bought raw sugar at the Amish stand and saw that it has only gone up .10/ lb since I started using the jar I put it in at least 15 years ago. I was able to stay under my budget for the day.  I had the energy bars I brought home yeterday on the trip so I only needed to buy something to drink.  I wonder if there is something I can plug into my cigarette lighter so I can keep drinkd cold in the car on long trips -worth looking into.

I had to get gas on the way back but only stopped 6 times between when I gassed up and pulled up at my door.  I went to the supermarket and was able to get the day's paper so I could to the crossword.  I didn't see anything to pick up for my neighbor.  Maybe I will have better luck tomorrow.  I also got cat food so Fatbutt is good for the next rwo weeks.

Food total - $4.25 for a total of $5.25 for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment