Monday, February 18, 2013

BACH Fugue - Day 5

I had to watch a very interesting 10 year old today.  It has been awhile since I have fed a small person and I forget house simple their tastebuds are.  I thought I had stuff in the house to give him lunch but I ended up buying hot dogs (not the $5 ones he wanted) and white bread.  He was the proverbial clam though he wanted me to take him to "On The Border" for lunch.  I explained that I would not think about treating him to lunch without his siblings. 

I did taxi service today and bought juice, milk, cookies and a bag of Sour Patch kids candy for my little charge.  If he misbehaved the candy would go back to the store.  Total $9.97.  There were bakery samples out so we both got some free crumbcake for the way home.  I was very pleased to open the bag for him at 4:15PM because he had behaved himself all day.

We later went to the Asian store to get fruit.  $5.47 - I actually got a pint of blueberries for $1.99.  I also got some potatoes for homemade chips later this week.

We zipped over to Shop Rite for hot dogs and white bread (the uneaten stuff went home with him).  I also got a bag of Nestle Crunch hearts (1/2 price valentine stuff).

Total today was $25.29.  My charges mother gave me $30.00 to watch him so I basically came out even.

I found maragrine so I didn't have to buy any today.

Cleaned out the refirgerator and I have to pay myself $8 for some of the food I let get to science project status.  I have enough cooked protein to last me the rest of the week. I made a box of pasta to use the sauce I have sitting in the fridge.  With the fruit I purchased today, it should hold me till the weekend- unless I see red seedless grapes on manager special somewhere.

I have not found any manager specials for my neighbor yet.
Food total for the week - $45.18 

Tomorrow's job will be setting up my snack area.  This means making sure I have packaged snacks for the rest of the week so no money goes to the vending machines.  I also start a recipe search for cookie recipes that are not that bad for you.  I have stuff to make at least one batch this week - I will share them with the guys who work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment