Saturday, February 2, 2013

Broke Child Experiment - Day 2

It seems I forget two other things that I regulary spend money on -  one is an outside cat that I feed (who has no concept that I am cash strapped at the moment) and lottery tickets (never seen a good ROI on them but... it is "A Dollar And A Dream.")

I bought a bag of cat food for $3.21 and $5 in lottery tickets ( got $2 for net layout of $3)

My total this week is $7.06. 

As I looked at my finances gain, I realized I really need to be a broke child until April when I go on a family vacation.  As part of my ongoing broke childness, I canceled my NetFlix account today.  I also found out that they do no prorate their service, so I will not get a refund for the 14 days I do not use their service. I know for next time.

I chatted with folks at work about my my experiment and ideas for free and nearly free things to do for the next few months.  Museums are not on the list unless they are extremely unusual  because I had culture overload as a child thanks to my daddy who insisted we do the culture thing.   Got a few good ideas.

I need to come up with some kind of catchy name for this period in my life - hope it will come to me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment